Monday, January 5, 2009

DVD Reviews: Burn After Reading, The Day the Earth Stood Still and Prince Caspian

One of the great things about my job is doing DVD reviews. I get to watch DVDS before anybody else, and then tell everybody what I think of them! At least, that's how it's supposed to work. On December 2, I had a baby girl, and the whole plan went down the crapper. So here are my latest DVD reviews! Some of the DVDs have been out for a little while, but they're all worth buying for various reasons. Read my reviews at MoviesWithoutPity.com.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (original)

Burn After Reading

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

1 comment:

Jon Maki said...

I don't see any way to contact you directly, and I don't want to add any additional pointless words to the TR post, so...
I was wondering if you would mind if I used your description of my blog as my new profile comment? With proper attribution, of course.
Why? Because it would amuse me. As is abundantly clear, my sense of humor is very much peculiarly my own, and someone posting a negative "review" of my blog strikes me as especially funny.
(As I read it, in my mind I heard Dr. Zoidberg saying, "Your blog is bad and you should feel bad!")
BTW, it was never my intent to tell anyone to shut up - note that I was the one told to do so - or really even to rile anyone up. I'd just gotten to the point of being really sick of hearing - or rather, reading - people complaining about the whole peeing incident.
(And in my blog's defense, its pointlessness is rather the point. And of course no one actually reads it.)
Anyway, congrats on the baby girl, and thanks for posting your specific, non-pee-related complaints about the movie.