Thursday, September 11, 2008

Do Not Disturb? More like "Do Not Watch," Am I Right?

I have a confession to make. I have never watched an episode of Arrested Development. But, having since discovered Michael Cera, rediscovered Jason Bateman and discovered that David Cross was actually on the show, I really want to go back and watch it. But after seeing the latest brainchild of the AD writers and producers, I don't know if I should. Do Not Disturb is one of the cheesiest, most stereotypical sitcoms I've seen in a long time. It has a few more gay characters in it, but it's still grade-A cheese. Want to read a summary of the Jason Bateman-directed premiere episode, with my commentary, in probably one-third the time it would take you to watch the thing? Then check out my recap at Television Without Pity:

Do Not Disturb: An Objector's Commentary

1 comment:

Wal Goldstein said...

Zach, i totally agree with your views of Do Not Disturb, but please I beg of you, give AD a chance. Its one of those rare once in a lifetime simply put "perfect" shows. I can guarantee, without even ever having met you, that you will laugh at this show.

Its nothing like DND. The guys who wrote AD may have screwed themselves because they will never be able to top it.

AD will give you one of Dave Cross's best performances and there is just soooo much to the show including helpful tips on life and saving money from Carl Weathers.

Please please please give it a shot. All three seasons are golden and will not let you down.